I have a love/hate relationship with zucchini and the recipe below is one of my favorites to use this time of year.
Zucchini is becoming plentiful and abundant, which means a lot of dark green veggies are needing to be devoured. I am always on the lookout for a good zucchini recipe and a few years ago we found this tasty and simple zucchini bread. It also freezes well, which is great if you are starting to tire of nature's bounty.
Here are the ingredients you will need:
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup nuts (optional)
- Peel and grate the zucchini. Gently squeeze the excess water off the vegetable.
- Mix eggs, sugar, oil, and vanilla.
- Fold in zucchini.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Mix well. Add the nuts if you desire.
- Pour into two greased loaf pans and bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool and slice.
What do you like to use zucchini in?