Are you craving something sweet and divine?
Do you love a steamy churro?
Then this is the snack for you!
I am in heaven- the house smells deliciously good. We just whipped up this simple treat to celebrate Friday and to munch on while we watch the Olympics later today. I originally saw this idea posted on Pinterest, but I couldn't remember if I pinned it. So, I turned to Google and stumbled on the recipe over at She Knows' Food & Recipes . I am glad I took the author's suggestion and doubled the amount.
The kids and I can't get enough! It's hard to sit and type up this post, because I want another nibble. All I can think of is warm cinnamon and sugar ... oh my!
So, without much ado, here is the recipe (which I doubled):
- 1 cup cinnamon chips (I found these next to the chocolate chips and make sure you read the package carefully if you are looking for gluten free recipes.)
- 9 cups Rice or Corn Chex Cereal
- 1/4 butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cinnamon
- In a microwave safe dish, melt the cinnamon chips and butter. Stir as needed. It takes about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Carefully, stir in the cereal and coat with the melted cinnamon. It smells delicious!
- In a paper bag, mix the sugars and cinnamon.
- Add the coated cereal, seal the bag, and shake. SHAKE!
- After the cereal is coated evenly, let the snack mix set up and then seal in an airtight container.
What did you make today?