I was exhausted, but that didn't stop the children from wanting snacks and dinner. I opted to whip up "lazy" cookies for a treat for the frazzled crew. Everyone needed something sweet- especially after the week we have had.
I made simple cake mix cookies and frosted them with purchased Halloween frosting! These cookies are perfect for hectic schedules or Autumn parties and can be baked in a flash. Simple and fast is good!
I told you I was lazy...
To make these simple treats, you will need:
- box of cake mix (I used yellow and chocolate)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of oil
- nuts, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, etc. (Get creative!)
Here is how you make these sweet treats:
- Combine the cake mix, eggs, oil, and additional nuts.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 12-15 minutes.
- Cool cookies.
- Frost and add sprinkles.
- Serve! People won't know how easy these babies were to make!
What treats are you making to celebrate the harvest season?