I try to use an alphabet letter each week in my lessons with the younger children. As the end of the year approaches and summer beckons us outside with promises of sunshine, I need easy and low stress activities. This past week I crammed a quick "Yy" lesson in with the kids.
Here is what I used:
- yellow yarn (but I let the children choose their colors)
- a cardboard "Y" cut from a box
Here is what I did:
- I started the yarn for the children. I simply tied a knot around the base of the Y and showed them how to wrap.
- I let the children go and enjoy this activity. It is low stress and introduces the children to some fine motor movements that is great for coordination and developing skills.
- I tied the ends of the yarn as the children neared the end of their string.
- Voila! Easy Peasy!