Eating an egg like a cupcake is always more fun...
Do you ever get in a quirky mood?
The boys and I thought we would try something new for lunch. We are stuck in a rut and needed to break the cycle of tuna sandwiches and ramen noodles. Egg and Hash Cups fit the bill- not for exotic ingredients, but for the presentation!
We found this fun recipe in a cookbook that we use for camping. I use it for several recipes on family camp outs from Full Circle Dutch Oven Cookbook by the Patrick Sisters. I love using our dutch ovens, but a lot of the recipes are easily adapted to a conventional oven.
Here is what you need to make this fun recipe:
- 1 can roast beef hash (I am considering trying these with frozen hash browns next time)
- foil cupcake wrappers
- nonstick cooking spray
- muffin tin or cookie sheet
To make these handheld brunch delights, you will need to do the following:
- Place foil liners in the muffin tin or on a cookie sheet. One can will make about 6. Gently spray the inside of each liner.
- Fill each cupcake liner almost halfway with the hash.
- Crack an egg and cover the hash.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook in a 350 degree oven until the eggs are firm and cooked through.