Ice Cream Treats!
My son's birthday is today and I thought we would bring treats to his preschool class. They are studying the letter I so we decided to make little faux ice cream cones. These are fairly sturdy for transporting and lack the frosting mess factor. As a daycare provider and former teacher, I love the fact that little fingers should be clean after nibbling this snack.
To make these little ice cream cones you will need:
- Marshmallow Fudge Cookies- I have seen vanilla before and if you are having difficulties in finding these little guys- check in the dollar aisle or dollar store
- Small candies
- Ice cream cones- we went with the "normal" size to make sure our cookies would fit on the top.
- baggies and ties, optional
Here's how to put them together:
- Fill your ice cream cones with small candies. We used candy corn and m&m's, because that is our son's favorites. Get creative!
- Take a marshmallow cookie and top each cone. This should look like a scoop of ice cream.
- Finally, I bagged each treat and tied them. This is optional, but for transporting I thought it would be easier and reduce the risk of spilled candy everywhere.
Do you have any fun treat ideas?