Got Candy? I bet you do.
Besides the obvious indulging, here are seven fun activities to sacrifice some of your haul for:
- Sell Them To Your Dentist- some local dentists offer programs where they buy candy from little trick-or-treaters by the pound. Check your local paper or call the dentist to find participating offices. I personally don't know how I feel about these programs (I paid hard earned money for that candy I gave out!). Check this out if you think you might enjoy it.
- Prepare An Advent Wreath- set aside 25 pieces of candy to whip up these fun wreaths or chains after Thanksgiving. Unwrap a piece everyday to count down the days before Christmas. I have used a similar method that From One Mom to Another featured to make jewelry. Here's a look at the technique she used:
- Create A Car Show- pull up a stool and get out your tire guns, I mean hot glue guns or glue dots. Here is a fun way to spend a dreary Autumn day. I found some great examples posted at Show Kids The Fun. Here is a picture of what they created:
- Pick A Pocket Full Of Posies- I found these cute little flowers on Kiboomu :
- Decorate A Sweet Tooth's Room- Martha Stewart offers up this recycled idea:
- Dine On Sushi- your little foodies will enjoy this activity I found at Glue Gun Crafts :
- Gather Supplies For A Gingerbread House Raising- save those little candies for a future endeavor using gingerbread and frosting.
Most of all - Have Fun!