It reminds me of the song My Favorite Things from the movie The Sound of Music I decided to write about the little things that make me happy. Even though I didn't have a governess who let me wear curtains and hang from trees...
- Kisses and hugs, even if they are sticky.
- My husband helping me without being asked.
- The children's choir singing on Sundays.
- Snuggling with a baby while rocking him to sleep.
- Feeling the wet dirt between my fingers and the smell of the earth when I am toiling in the garden.
- Listening to loud music in the car as you are driving down the highway with the windows rolled down.
- I love hearing the "motor" sounds escaping from a room full of boys playing tractors.
- I love the sound of an ice cold diet coke fizzing with clinking ice.
- Watching the tall grass dance in the wind on the prairie.
- The smell of autumn in the air and the crunch of the new fallen leaves.
- New mascara, toothbrushes, and underwear.
Now, I am preoccupied with trying to get the sound of Julie Andrews singing out of my mind...
What are some of your favorite things?