My family loves salmon and one of the easiest ways we like to indulge ourselves is with a maple marinade. I am not sure where I saw this recipe, it was probably on Rachael Ray's 30 Minute Meals back in the day . Whoever came up with this idea is genius...
Here is what you will need:
- salmon fillets
- maple syrup- pancakes watch out!
- soy sauce
- a bag or container for marinating
- a George Foreman grill or something similar- You could even bake them
- pour about 1/2 cup of maple syrup and 1 cup soy sauce in bag
- mix the marinade- you can get creative and add a little garlic and pepper
- put the salmon flesh down in the marinade- the skin should be facing up
- marinate for a few hours or overnight
- heat and grease your grill with olive oil
- add your meat and cook until the salmon flakes apart easily with a fork- I usually go for 8-10 minutes, but it depends on the thickness of the fish. Tonight I accidentally let it go a little too long...
- serve- you can make up a small batch of the marinade to use only as a condiment for serving
What's your favorite way to cook fish?