It's in the middle of a busy week and I need to draw inspiration from somewhere. We are in a busy stretch of activities, sports, and meetings. Every spring our hectic schedule causes me stress and anxiety. I have decided to embrace a blip that was published in one of my childcare newsletters way back in 2006. I keep it posted on my fridge door for those moments where my sanity and temper are trying to get the best of me. Read through the list and promise yourself one thing each day or week. I promise to put my soap box away for the day...
- to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
- to talk health, happiness, and prosperity to every person you meet.
- to make all your friends feel that there is something in them.
- to look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.
- to think only of the best, to work only for the best, and to expect only the best.
- to be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.
- to forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
- to wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile.
- to give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.
- to be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.